“Micro” or “intimate” weddings have been more popular over the last 12 months, out of necessity rather than a trend but, we think there’s something rather special about a small wedding. They allow couples to do things they simply couldn’t do with a large guest list, not just because of cost but because of the time and energy required.
- Have a blessing in a secret garden or woodland, maybe even keep the final destination a secret and create a path for your guests to follow; the Courteenhall arboretum would be perfect for this.
- Why not splurge on the details such as luxury stationery and venue styling?
- A personalised gift for each guest to remind them of your day.
- Instead of lining your guests in rows, instead create a circle for your ceremony so that your loved ones can surround you.
- During speeches thank every guest in person, something you simply cannot do with a large guest list!
- Instead of a DJ why not have an acoustic duo or a harpist to play for a more intimate feel.
- Pick a venue you may not have considered because of size, you may find a smaller guest list opens up many more opportunities. The maximum number for inside our Hall is 65 guests, perfect for a more intimate reception.
- Pick the flowers you have always dreamed of, perhaps a flower arch as a backdrop for your photographs or extravagant displays at the entrance.
These are just some ideas of how you can truly make your micro wedding personal to you and your guests.
For more information on our beautiful venue take a look at our Weddings page.